JJML Teen Bookmark Contest
Entries will be accepted from March 1 through May 31
Open to teens currently in grades 6-12
Calling all artists! Interested in having your original artwork on a bookmark? Submit original drawings to be entered into our contest. 5 winners will be chosen, and their bookmarks will be available at JJML during the Summer Reading Club.
All submissions must be emailed, or shared, with email@example.com on/before May 31.
JJML Teen Bookmark Contest Official Rules and Guidelines
1. All entries must follow the theme: Summer Adventures.
2. The contest is open to teens, grades 6-12, ONLY.
3. Participants must design their bookmark on the front page, in the provided spot, only. Paper
submissions not done on this handout will not be accepted. You can download the PDF HERE
4. All ofthe artist’s information must be included on the front ofthe page. Entries missing
information will not be accepted.
5. All artwork must be the original work ofthe participant and can be created digitally or
by hand. Entries that violate copyrightlaws will be disqualified.
6. Entries may be submitted in person to the Teen Reference desk on/before May 31.
1. Digital entries must meet the following criteria:
Overall image/work area: 2.75” wide by 8.5”tall.
The design and any text/copy must be kept within designated area.
Any scans/images/photos used in your design must be atleast 300 DPI in actual size.
2. Digital entries may be submitted via emailto firstname.lastname@example.org on/before 6pm on
Friday, May 31 in JPEG or PDF format and must be no larger than 2MB.
3. The email submitted must contain the participant’s name, grade, phone number and email
address. It must also include the following language for electronic certification in the body of
the email:“I certify thatthe design submitted is mine and is completely original and does
not violate any copyrightlaws. I grantthe John Jermain Memorial Library permission to use my
name, creative work and visual image in its publications without recourse.”
7. Library staff will judge entries on originality and bestinterpretation ofthe theme and choose
8. The winners will be notified by Monday, June 10, 2024.
9. Each winning design be reproduced and made available to patrons at JJML starting atthe
Summer Kick Off Party.
10. All entries become property of JJML