Calling all teens! Keep warm this winter by heading to the library and hanging out in our new teen area after school! Hangouts are held every weekday, when school is in session, Monday-Wednesday and Fridays from 3:00 -5:30 pm, and on Thursdays from 3:00-8:00 pm. Each day, different activities will be available for you and your friends to enjoy. Visit Liz, our teen librarian, to learn about what’s happening and even give her suggestions for what you’d like to see in the future.
For January and February, here is an overview of what you can expect during our After School Hangouts.*
- Mondays: Craft Corner – Choose from a variety of crafts to make.
- Tuesdays: Games Galore – Video games, board games, decks of cards, we have everything you need to play games with friends.
- Wednesdays: Volunteer Club – Earn 1 hour of community service by helping the library with a variety of tasks; such as preparing materials for programs, decorating spaces for various holidays, making items for outreach efforts and a host of other activities.
- Thursdays: Study Break – Take advantage of our late nights and find a warm place to study and get your homework done. We will have snacks available to keep the brain fuel fully stocked.
- Fridays: Best of Booktok – Stop in to let us know about the best book you’re reading! You can either film a Tiktok at the library to promote the title, or write a short review for a staff member to film for you. All books will be added to a display for other
teens to check out what you’re reading.
*Please note, these programs will not run from December 25- January 2, January 15, and February 14-23, 2024.