Did you know that Kanopy, the award winning streaming film service is available for free through the John Jermain Library? Cardholders can access Kanopy and sign up to start streaming instantly by visiting https://johnjermain.kanopy.com. You can watch films anywhere, anytime on your smartphone, tablet, PC or Smart TV. Apps are available for iOS, Android, Apple TV, Chromecast and Roku.
The Kanopy collection offers a broad selection of more than 30,000 of the world’s best films including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, classic films and world cinema including selections from the Criterion Collection, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of foreign and independent filmmakers.
What You’ll Need:
- A John Jermain Memorial Library card
- Internet Service
- An email address
How to Get Started:
- Go to https://johnjermain.kanopy.com
- Click on “Sign Up” in the upper right corner
- Enter your library card number and email address and create a password
- Up to 5 films per month—play credits reset on the first day of the month
- Three days to watch each film
- Personalized dashboard with your watchlist, viewing history and recommendation
Each month Kanopy adds more films to its extensive collection. Here’s a complete list of films which were added in January.
So if you’re interested in independent, international, classic or documentary films, you’re in luck. Get out your library card and sign up for Kanopy.