Technology can be tough. We can help make it easier.
John Jermain Memorial Library is now offering a “Book a Librarian” service, where you can make a 30 minute appointment once a month to ask questions and get help with using your digital devices. Whether you want to read books on your new Kindle, learn tricks on getting the most out of your phone, tablet, or laptop, or want to explore our collections- we can help. You’ll be set up with our Emerging Technology Librarian, who can help you with any of the following topics:
- Setting up your account and device for library services like Libby, RBdigital, Flipster, Hoopla, or Kanopy
- Learning how to navigate a new device such as a tablet, smartphone, Kindle, or laptop
- Ask questions about saving and organizing files or photos on your device
- Ask questions about programs like Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or other software
- Tips on how to use your internet browser, email, or other website.
- How to download or uninstall apps on your device
- How to back-up your device
- How to access and use library databases like Brainfuse, Ancestry, or Consumer Reports (and more!)
- And any other questions you have that can be answered in a 30 minute session!
This service is limited to JJML card holders while appointments last. Please note that library staff cannot repair or remove viruses from devices. If you are interested in booking an appointment, call the library today at (631) 725-0049, or email us at email@example.com. Come with your device (if applicable), and with prepared questions!